This is my current Skincare routine (with list of products) I change or try new things every few months, so I will probably be updating this blog with what I have tried and what works and what didn’t.
I have a very pale complexion, with combination sensitive skin. I also suffered from enlarged pores. I have lived in South Florida my entire life, and would wear sunscreen everyday on my arms and neck but not my face. As such I had some sun damage, and some issue with a nice texture on my skin. At 30 (I’m going to be 32 in a few months) I decided it was time to put on my big girl pants and start really taking care of myself. Diet, exercise, and SKINCARE!
After almost 2 years my skin looks a bazillion times better. My pores are considerably smaller and cleaner. My complexion is more even, my creases are diminishing and the smoothness of my skin is vast improved. Its very soft now, which is so nice.
I don’t like under-exagerating how bad my skin was, because truly whats the point- I had bad skin. Breakouts, pores, flaking. All because I didn’t take proper care of it. It was MY FAULT. So when I owned up to that (rather then blame genetics) I started to see a VAST improvement.
- Oil Cleanser – Clean It Zero From Banila Co. After removing makeup from my face if there is any there I put a small amount on my face and massage for 20-30 seconds then gently rinse off.
- Foaming Cleanser –Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam from Innisfree. I lather this on and then very gently use a pore brush to lather the last bit.
- Toner –Aloe BHA Skin Toner by Benton. I use a cotton swab and gently swipe across my face, I like this one because it is very soothing.
- Exfoliate – Cure Natural Aqua Gel (twice a week, I love this) or Freeman’s Charcoal Sugar Scrub (this one is ok, just using it up right now since I don’t like to waste product)
- Essence – SK-II Facial Treatment Essence- Put a small amount in my hands and gently pat into my face. I let it absorb completely before moving on
- Essence –BHA Blackhead Power Liquid by Cosrx – I put a fair amount on a cotton pad and dab in on my entire nose and chin.
- Mask -(I only do this twice a week. Either a sheet mask, Lindsay makes an AMAZING Pull away charcoal mask, or the Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask by Elizavecca)
- Brightening Oil – Wild Rose Vitamin C Active Brightening Oil by Korres – Alittle goes a long way. I just take the dropper and put 3 drops in my hands and gently apply to face and neck
- Serums –ULTIMUNE Power Infusing Concentratefrom Shiseido (I use this first) Then Serum Vitamin C Collagen Booster by Ole Henrikson, For the Ole Henriksen serum I do like the results of it, however it makes my face EXTREMELY red right after application and it stays red for 15 minutes, so I don’t think I will be rebuying. I am looking for another serum that has vitamin C thats a bit gentler. I think Etude House or Innisfree has one.
- Eye Cream –Moistfull Collagen Eye Cream by Etude house – I gently pat this under my eye and gently apply it to my lids
- Moisturizer –Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ from Clinique. Gently put a small amount on my face and neck
- OK if it is the morning I will use a BB cream + primer and do make up and skip this last step
- Night Cream – Indigo Soothing Triple Recovery Cream by Tatcha. Its a Japanese brand, and they have amazing products, however they get a bit pricey. I might look for something else to see if it compares, if not I will get this again. I do adore this.
- I also apply Nature Republics Aloe Vera Gel all over my body and chest and neck area.
It took me several months to really get into this routine. I used to just wash-tone-moisturize at night so going from that to this twice a day was something I had to do slowly. I recommend adding in 1-2 steps every 2-3 weeks. First I would add essence and eye cream, then night creams, and then serums. This will let you get used to the routine, and will let you see how each product improves your skin. I realized that a good essence and night cream are what really worked for me. Rather then get some super expensive serums. But for other people may be the other way around.
I CAN SAY THIS. I used to dread cleaning my face a few years ago and now its one of the favorite parts of my day. And I get to do it twice!! I really look forward to it.
My absolute FAVORITES from this list are Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam,Aloe BHA Skin Toner,Indigo Soothing Triple Recovery Cream and Nature Republics Aloe Vera Gel, and the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence.
As for products I hated my old moisturizer I just changed. I used to use Oil of Olay anti Aging, but I switched to the one with an additional spf 30. Sounds good right? WRONG. It broke out my entire face after only one application UGH so I switched to another moisturizer and stopped using that one for now. The Clinique Moisturizer isn;t the best as far as moisturizers (for my skin) go. But it is much better then the Oil of Olay stuff I was using. I NEVER throw away products. I usually suck it up and use them unless I get a super bad reaction. So thats what I had to do with the Oil of Olay One. Also Truth Serum Vitamin C Collagen Booster give me great results but right after application it makes my face EXTREMELY RED, and little tender. So I still use it for the results but I will not be rebuying it. So sad 😦
Also although I have nothing bad to say about BHA Blackhead Power Liquid, I don’t see much of a change or results. my pores are alittle better. I may or may not rebuy this! WE will see what happens after I use the entire bottle.
Thank you all for reading, comment below if you have any questions!