Enlarged pores are something a lot of us struggle with, some are worse then others. No matter the case it can be something that makes us feel unconfident, and uncomfortable in our own skin.
Although it is nearly impossible to completely get rid of enlarged pores there are a few things you can do to help minimize them, and also keep them clean and free from gunk (which can make them a little unsightly), These are things that I do because I struggle with enlarged pores that clog easily. I have found these things and products to really work wonders for me and my skin, and have noticed a big difference in the appearance of my skin and pores.
Skincare Routine and Products
Its important to have a good routine down, this doesn’t mean you need to have 12 steps, and use expensive products. Rather you want to find the routine for you that you will stick with, because reputation is the key. If its just wash-tone-moisturize thats fine. But you should work each step to your advantage, so if you are looking to minimize pores you have to be really specific with the products you use.
- The first thing I did to change up my routine and saw a difference was with the addition of a pore brush. I initially used a inexpensive handheld one, and then upgraded to a clairsonic. But I would recommend anything. A soft $5 handheld pore brush will really up your skin game, really clean deep into your pores, and help any treatments you have work better.
- EXFOLIATE EXFOLIATE EXFOLIATE- I alternate between a sugar scrub, a chemical peeling gel, and an exfoliator rich in salicylic acid every other day. When I started adding this to my routine in like 3 days I saw an immense difference. smoother skin and my pores were visibly smaller.
- Targeted products where another thing that really helped me import the appearance of my pores. I am not talking about going out and spending a fortune. Rather research what works, and try new things out. I found a few products that worked miracles, and others that were all hype.
- a good toner. I swear by a few toners that I rotate between depending on the time of year. I look for ones that have BHA, are soothing, and excellent at balancing the Ph of my skin and cleansing deep down into my pores.
Ingredients to look for in products
- Salicylic acid – a BHA (beta Hydroxy Acid)- cleans and exfoliates deep down into pores
- cleansers and masks with active charcoal – draws out and deep cleans
- plant waters and extracts that work to minimize and diminish pores.
- Hyaluronic Acid
Products I use and have great results with
- Benton BHA Aloe Toner
- Peter Thomas Roth Unwrinkle peeling pads
- Cure Aqua Peeling Gel
- Elizavecca Hell Pore Control Hyaluronic Acid 97%
- Boire Deep Cleansing Pore Strips
- Tosowoong Platinum Miracle Skin Pore Tightening Pack
- Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
I hope these tips helped you. Feel free to comment below with questions, or if you have any experience and want to add to the list of advice!